Killer Queen Black has received a major new update, and it’s brought some big changes with it. By far the biggest is the addition of local eight-player support on both PC and Switch, meaning that if you get eight people in a room they can all play the game together.
Patch 1.60, called the Hydra Update, also fixes bugs, shifts some UI elements, and adds a new Streamer mode, among other changes. Here’s the full list of changes.
- Eight-player local support for PC and console
- Region selection on Switch
- Custom (online) and local matches can be started by a single player
- Bots can fill out local and custom matches
- Teams in local and custom matches can now be automatically shuffled
- Streamer mode: Choose which names to display in-game and in menus
- Map pools now skew towards more variety and fewer repeats
- Various bug fixes and UI improvements
The press release for this update also contained a roadmap, showing their plans for the game’s immediate future.
The game is currently discounted down to $10 on the Switch eShop, Steam, and the Humble Store to celebrate the update. It will come to Xbox One at some point, and will be available on Xbox Game Pass.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.